Leadership Qualities - the Defining Qualities of efficient Leadership
What are these qualities?
Let me lay it out certainly.
For starters, successful leaders are . . .
3. Selfless and self sacrificing
6. Good communicators (they convey the plan effectively and clearly)
7. Honest and unprejudiced
Successful leaders . . .
8. Make the most of the potential of their people by empowering them
9. Surround themselves with folks smarter than they are
11. Admit that they're infallible and acknowledge mistakes when they make them
12. Have a burning desire to really make a difference . . . a favorable difference
But regardless of how long the record of leadership qualities is, I can tell you actually that without three of these leadership qualities you'll necessarily fail as a leader.
What are these four uncompromising qualities of leadership that is efficient?
1. Surround yourself with people smarter than you
2. Admit errors when you make them. Take corrective actions, move on, and learn from themselves
3. Maximize the capacity of your folks and
4. Be selfless. Serve your people and your organization. Abhor personal gain.
The urge for private gain will colour your judgment and will lead you to the path of failure.
To illustrate, consider what occurred recently in the company where I work.
As I write this, I work for a global Effective leadership beverage business with origins in the UK. The cocoa based beverage drink of my company's has about 50% share of the nation 's entire hot chocolate based beverage market. Clearly, it turned out to be a big business.
Some two years back, my institution's CEO as well as the finance director were fired. Why?
Over statement of business accounts.
The firm was not doing well. Instead of telling his managers thus, the CEO . . . with the collaboration of the finance manager . . . Checked with the accounts to make the business appear great and hence, retain his place as CEO. This scenario went on for approximately three consecutive years before external auditors contracted by the parent company in the Uk detected the fraud.
And shareholders are told they must not expect dividends for the next couple of years.
The CEO was a young talented chap who'd been CEO of the business for more than a decade.
So, what went wrong? What took CEO down?
1. The desire for private gain, greater recognition, and greater visibility.
2. Conceit. Job marathon).
He refused to slow down generation when the market wasn't growing as fast as production was growing. The factories kept on creating at breakneck speed on getting more warehouses to keep what was produced that could not be accommodated by the market and also the firm kept)
3. Managers who stood by and watched while the life investment of shareholders went down the drain
Make no mistake about it.
However great you currently are, regardless of how intelligent you might be, regardless how many awards you have won, you may fail finally if you aren't a selfless leader.
Remember all the leadership qualities discussed above. But whatever you do, remember the four most important leadership qualities.
You can really be a great leader. Powerful leadership is in your reach. It starts by understanding leadership qualities you want essential for successful direction.
these characteristics can be learned. And . . . This really is your big opportunity.